I have heard that some of you have been reticent to sign up for in person worship because you do not want to take up a space that someone else might want or need. What a beautiful concern! Here’s how you can address it. So far, we have not had to deny anyone because we’ve reached our max capacity. Even so, when you register there is a space for you to add a note. Simply indicate that, if we reach our max, you would be happy to yield your seat to someone else. Then, if that is necessary, we’ll contact you with thanks. If not, you’re in!
If you are at all concerned about your health, exposure to others, or the risk of exposing others; if you are at all unwell; and if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please feel free to continue worshiping virtually. And, if Orange County experiences another wave of infections, we will respond accordingly.
- By attending, we will attest that we are not feeling sick and have not been exposed to someone with COVID-19 over the last fourteen days.
- We will all wear masks.
- We will register ahead of time to ensure a safe number of attendees.
- We will honor social distancing before, during, and after worship.
- We will practice non-touching ways of greeting one another.
- We will expect Ushers to offer reminders or corrections and respond kindly.
- We will be patient with each other as we all figure out how to do this well.
In addition, there are some modifications to worship and gathering that we will need to accept.
- We are unable to sing, serve communion, pass the peace, or pass offering plates.
- Restrooms are for emergencies and one person at a time, if possible.
- We will not offer child care, nursery, or Sunday School.
- There are no pew Bibles, so you should bring one if you like to read along.
- We will not have printed bulletins.
- We will not have our beloved “Patio Time” following worship.
- We are limiting the number of worship leaders using microphones.
Thank you to everyone who continues to cooperate so beautifully as we resumed our in-person worship services. It is our hope that our precautions will enable us to continue meeting safely and respectfully, even as our livestream worship enables us to worship in spirit with those who cannot attend physically.
We will continue to offer livestreamed worship on Saturday evenings and post the recording of that worship on our website by Sunday morning.